8 Sept 2008

Braemar Highland Games weekend

Headed up to Braemar on Thursday night with Ben and had a nice meal with mum & dad. Went up Morrone in the morning - testing out the route for the hill race on Saturday! Charlie & I had made a joke last year that we'd run it, and of course neither of us wanted to back out so we entered this year! Played golf in the afternoon with mum & dad - extremely erratic but great fun, when I connect its actually pretty good but they are few and far between!



The ceilidh on Friday night was brilliant - Ben loved it and hardly missed a dance! Gav, Jen, Ross & Kirsty were all up as well so we all had a really fun evening.
Saturday was the hill race and highland games events, we survived! It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be (was quite nervous before it!) but still didn't manage to keep running up the entire thing - it was a huge relief to see some of the people in front of me walking up sections, that meant it was 'acceptable' to do the same...just as well because I might have started going backwards otherwise :) And it was definitely worth the pain because I ended up being 2nd fastest female and got £100!!


I came back down to Edinburgh Saturday night and went to Jane's birthday party, hadn't planned to stay too late but I wasn't allowed to leave, and ended up getting in at 4 in the morning... still had to get up for a talent ID at Craiglockhart on Sunday - it was a LONG day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home