7 Sept 2009

Braemar Highland Games!


Another fun weekend in Braemar for the highland games with mum & dad, Gav & Jen, Auntie Katie, and Pete & Mary Fettes. The ceilidh at Mar Lodge on Friday night was fun (the stag ballroom still impresses me every time) and the Games on Saturday is always entertaining! I ran the hill race again (up Morrone), and came 2nd lady, again :) It was fun, I think I felt a bit faster than last year but there was a headwind most of the way up so I'm sure my time was probably slower! Still, £100 for 35 minutes of pain isn't too bad...





On Sunday it was the family boat race, known as the 'Dee Challenge' - its turning into quite a competitive event between Dubrach (our house) and Mill of Coull (our cousins' place!). Dad, Gavin & I reclaimed the trophy for Dubrach this year, despite the impressive support crew that turned out for Mill of Coull... It was great fun as usual, and because the water levels were so high it was much easier this year because we didn't get grounded so often!



I came back and went to Mark & Sarah's place (friends from touch rugby) to watch the festival fireworks - they were really impressive and the photos definitely don't do it justice but I'll post them anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Congrats on the hill race! Missing you and Scotland but looks like we're going to have fun times tramping in Transylvania

7:28 am  
Blogger Marcel said...

awesome :) but Mhairi, you have to repeat that run, the photo turns out to be blurry...

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home