23 Nov 2005

Day in Bangkok

In the middle of my lengthy journey from Mae Hong Son to Krabi, I had a day to kill in Bangkok. I dumped my bags, booked my night bus, and checked my e-mail, then had a hot chocolate and read the paper. Enough relaxing...I went to the gym on Khao San Rd (in between two consecutive 16-hr bus journeys having a good run was a must-do), and after re-energising on the treadmill I also enjoyed my free shower.


While wondering round the backpacker area I bumped into 4 separate people I'd met on our travels, so it was nice to catch up with what they'd been doing since we'd last seen each other. Falco (a German guy we met at the Plain of Jars) was wasting time till a flight that evening, so we went to the Royal Palace together. I couldn't wear shorts to go in, so they gave me this sexy skirt to wear instead.

I managed to sell my Laos guidebook, give away some clothes, and buy 16 country badges to put on my backpack...I'll have a busy time sewing them all on. The time passed reasonably quickly and I got the 6pm bus to Krabi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home