27 Jul 2004

Mt. Cheeseman


Spending a week at Mt. Cheeseman as the Junior Week “nanny” was more than I bargained for!! Actually, I ended up being pretty lucky, as the kids weren’t a hassle, and I was hardly ever inside more than 2 hours a day. So although I wasn’t paid for the week’s work, I had free accommodation, food and skiing for 6 days – a pretty good deal for me.


The Lodge at Cheeseman has a good atmosphere, many of the day trippers are regulars and everybody seems to know each other. By the end of the week we’d all had a really fun time, and it reminded me of our old ski holidays in Europe, particularly the après-ski antics.



I was slightly bored of the same runs by day 6 and should probably have rented a board for a day or two just for a wee challenge. But it was still fun helping the kids on and off the tee-bar, something you take for granted when you don’t remember learning yourself. Snow-shoe hiking to the ridge and bum-sliding down on bin bags (completely out of control) was a definite highlight…as was a midnight hike under a full moon after several drinks on the last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home