27 Nov 2004

Orienteering

My first orienteering event (well, almost!), was near Sheffield on Sunday. A bunch of us did different levels of the event (grades based on age, fitness, experience, etc) and it was great to see such a variety of people taking part. I did the "Yellow" grade (pretty easy!) to start off with, and apart from being attacked by nettles and other vegetation, I was quite pleased with how I got on. Patrick and I then did the "Orange" grade together (one level higher) and I think we did reasonably well in that too. Well, we found all the checkpoints anyway so I'm thinking that's a step in the right direction!

It was really good fun though, and I could see myself getting into that a bit more (as if I have ANY time left to pick up new activities!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home