4 Apr 2005

Rifle Shooting!

I held a gun for the 2nd time ever today, and practiced shooting at targets for the adventure race this weekend. It was fun! Mark & I went kayaking round Lake Rotoma for a couple of hours in the morning, then back to his farm (called Braemar - nice!) for some target practice...it was easier than I thought it might be - the guns didn't have a kickback or anything so apart from being quite heavy (at least I thought so) it wasn't so hard.

ARC Coromandel is a 24-hour adventure race, including mtn-biking, running/trekking, navigating through the bush, kayaking, abseiling, rifle-shooting and "high-adrenaline" mystery events!! As much as we joked in the States about my "required gear" status, this time I really am - a woman is a mandatory part of the team, and apparently there is a fair shortage of those who are keen :) My team-mates Dean, Mark and Jamie are all really nice guys, and hopefully not too serious about the whole thing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Frick said...

SWEET. 24hr race! Shooting?? Those Kiwis and their guns. I will hopefully be doing my first 24hr in a couple of months

4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home