2 Mar 2005

Whakatane

I came back to Whakatane for my birthday (Feb 18th) and after a relaxing few days doing pretty much nothing, I decided I quite liked it! Managed to get work at the tennis club for a couple of afternoons and a morning each week, plus I start work in the local Irish pub – The Craic – tonight. It’s a great wee town with a totally laid back atmosphere, everyone’s really friendly and welcoming, and the surroundings are beautiful. Ohope Beach lies just east of Whakatane, and stretches for miles around East Cape. Swimming in the sea is really nice just now – the temperature is perfect.
So I reckon I’ll stay around here for a bit and see how it goes...now I’m off to pull my first pint :)


   birthday BBQ;  sunset;  Ricky & Anne


   Ohope Beach;  Whale Island;  Whakatane Wharf


   The Craic: Jimmy, Noel, Bridie & I;  Gavin's artwork;  Ricky & Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home