15 May 2005

MTB Orienteering

Went to Napier this weekend with Chris Morrisey for a mountain-bike orienteering event. I found out that I need a lot of work on that thing called navigation. It was fun though...the course on Saturday was WAY too difficult for me, and the trails were really technical - I took forever to complete it but I'm glad I did all the same. We were at Te Mata Peak (although I thought it was Tomato Peak...)

Sunday was much more fun, because the trails were less technical which meant I could bike a lot more. Plus, with the exception of one mistake (okay, one MAJOR mistake which took an hour :) ) I actually got to each of the other checkpoints without too much trouble, so I felt like I was improving. I did get "cogged" though (possibly a made-up word) leaving a nice imprint of the bike spokes on my calf. It was a good fun weekend anyway, and I met some really nice people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home