6 Dec 2005

Leaving Tonsai...


Higlights from the last couple of weeks are hard to pick...great company, beautiful surroundings (despite mixed weather) and fantastic climbing. Thaiwand Wall was probably my favourite climbing place (especially "Fit to Be Thaid", a 6A+ which hangs right out over the water), but the multipitch called "Humanality" which Dave lead us up was also superb. Vegetable Mussaman (curry) at the Banyan Tree was my favourite dish, and our dinner at Chai's (owner of "the breakfast place"!) was really special.





Learning Poi and getting loads of tips on lead-climbing (from an extremely patient and encouraging teacher - cheers Dave!) were excellent as well. I even attempted fire poi, although the soot on my trousers suggests I've still got a bit of practising to do - oops :)



Last day in Tonsai...Nicole, Dave & I tackled the steep & muddy path over to the lagoon in the morning, only to find it was low tide so didn't really resemble a lagoon. Still, I'm sure it would be beautiful when filled with water, and the track was pretty good fun. Everyone was leaving that day except Nicole & I, so we headed into Krabi to do some shopping. It poured with rain all afternoon but we still had a fun time, and shared a 'bucket' (unknown concoction) back on the beach at Tonsai.


Last few pics are of Nicole, Philip, & Glynn, plus the view from Humanality.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home