23 May 2005

Kaimai Classic Multisport

Despite the weather, which has been horrific for the past week - floods everywhere - the multisport race was still held near Tauranga, at the McLaren Falls Park. There was a 5km mtn run, 17km mtn-bike, 11km kayak, 23km road bike, and 11km mtn run to finish. It poured with rain from start to finish, and I was literally covered in mud after an hour which added to the challenge for everyone, but it was still really good fun!


   muddy kayak transition;    stylish;    road bike transition

I finished up in 4hrs 23 mins placing me 7th overall in the women's individual, and 3rd in my category (20+). Chris Morrisey was my very experienced and very helpful support crew, so I was really lucky to have him help me at all the transitions. Cheers mate!

Results are here: Kaimai Classic
and pictures are here: Kaimai pictures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home