3 Jul 2006

Everybody's Goin' Surfin'...!!

It seems a bit strange to be in New Zealand for 14 months, Australia for 2 months and not try surfing until I'm back on sunny Scottish shores! Neil was celebrating his 25th on Mull of Kintyre, so I headed through on Saturday morning with Steve & Jo, and convinced Gav & Jen to come too, I think they really enjoyed it :) Steve & Jo are friends of friends from Christchurch (I knew them vaguely in NZ) who arrived in Edinburgh on Wednesday - perfect timing!

We met the others at Westport Beach - Neil, Ruth, Matt, and Clare (who'd flown over from Sweden for the weekend, I did the AMP Race with her in Christchurch). Really funny because by coincidence I saw Grieg (Clare's boyfriend) a couple of weekends ago when he flew over for the LAMM!!


Surfing isn't as easy as it looks! I really enjoyed it though (despite the slight 'coolness' of Scottish waters) and camping on the beach plus BBQ was great fun. We went to Campbelltown and Macrahanish to explore a little, had a walk on the beach and around the headland - the weather was great, although slightly windy, and it's a beautiful area. Back to compete with the waves again Saturday afternoon and Sunday (they weren't that high but enough for us beginners!) - they definitely won!


I'm on a flat-hunting mission over the next two weeks - looking to buy my own place, then convince some fun-loving folk to move in!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger patrick said...

'looking to buy my own place'

wow! Good luck :) And post the address for future postcard potential!

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home