11 Oct 2007

Winning ScottishTeam!... and Racketlon


ok, i'm way behind on the blog updates but i'll do a few now to make up for it! Mid-September I went to Belfast as U/12 captain for the 4 nations international, but ended up both captaining and playing for the Senior Team! It was great fun, but unfortunately wet artifical grass courts with heavy tennis balls doesn't exactly suit my gamestyle...or my shoulder. So I struggled a bit in singles, but held my own in doubles...and over all the age groups (12s, 14s, 18s and Senior), Scotland WON the trophy!! Always a great feeling to win internationals, but victory is even sweeter when we beat England to clinch victory :)

The following weekend I played in a Racketlon tournament at Next Gen in Edinburgh. It's a mixture of the 4 racket sports - table tennis, badminton, squash and tennis. You play an opponent at all 4 sports (in the order I just wrote) - 1st to 21 points in each, and the total score determines the overall winner. The first match I got beaten by a Polish girl who was a bit of a badminton guru. We had close games in table tennis and squash (21/17 and 21/18), but I got destroyed 21/4 in badminton and she didn't want to play tennis because she'd already won (I'd have needed more than 21 points to win by that stage). It's a little unfair in that respect because I would have liked to get my own back on the tennis court but never mind.. :) I won all my other matches so ended up winning the 'B' event. Squash is probably the sport I'd like to start playing the most, but I really enjoyed the tournament and would definitely play again!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcel said...

congrats!

what else has happened?

Cheers Marcel

9:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home