25 Feb 2008

Back in Arizona!!


Friday was Sheila's surprise 50th birthday party, and although I arrived a bit late to see the initial surprise and waterworks, there was a secondary surprise when I showed up as well! Sheila's been coaching there nearly 25 years, so there was a great mix of players from all the teams she's coached over the years... just like one big family :)


Saturday we met and hiked up Squaw Peak, then headed to the courts to watch the match vs USC... in the evening we went to Macayo's for dinner and then headed out for a drink afterwards. Sunday we watched ASU beat UCLA which was a really good win, and in the afternoon I headed to REI and Arizona Mills for some bargain shopping! I stayed with Megan & Cindy, and spent time enjoying the sunshine and rekindling some good old memories - running up A-mountain (a good memory?!), drinking kiltlifters at 4Peaks, eating Pizooki at Oregano's, and spending a fortune in REI.




I also caught up with Adria whose just had a baby (Emmy, 5 weeks old!), but unfortunately missed out on seeing Dora & Paulie who were away for the weekend. Megan's parents arrived the night before I left though, and it was really great to see them again as well.

Overall it was a great trip - it's hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years since I was last there! It was just like old times, and despite being far too short a visit I had a fantastic time - really enjoyed seeing everyone again and I'm SO glad I went out there. click here to see all the pics!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home