26 Jan 2009

New Zealand

Going back to Christchurch was really special for me - I only had 6 days but I did as much as I could and caught up with loads of people... SO SO good! As far as exploring old haunts I went biking in the Port Hills + Bottle Lake, running in Hagley Park & the Botanic Gardens, orienteering in Spencer Park, walking along the River Avon, and of course had a few drinks in The Bog, Dux de Lux, Holy Grail, Twisted Hop - the list goes on!








As far as people the list is even longer :) It was really nice to catch up with Patrick - after 6 months travelling together maybe we needed a wee bit of time apart, but 3 years is WAY too long!! My trip coincided nicely with his 30th birthday party which worked out perfectly for me because lots of people I knew were there to help him celebrate. It really was a fantastic day - an appropriately old-fashioned garden party in the ancient house & garden - we played volleyball, croquet, petanque, and quoits (hoopla)...as well as drinking plenty of Pimms to keep us hydrated :)




I stayed with the Robsons so had a good catch up with Richard, Sue & Nicki (Sarah working up in Napier), had lunch with Suzy (Tom recovering in hospital), met up with the Pattons (and visited their amazing new house out near Oxford), and saw Dianne Hollands (from uni in Arizona - such a coincidence but great fun!)




Basically, I just love it out there...the lifestyle, like-minded people & outdoor activities make me happy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home