12 Mar 2010

Pub Quizzes, Bolton, U/10 Masters

The last few Mondays we've been doing the pub quiz at Oscars – Alan, Liana, Richard & I – its great fun although I'm not sure how much I contribute in the way of answers, just the occasional inspired 'guess'. Thanks to the others we've done pretty well most weeks, and have managed to claim victory once which presented us with a voucher to fuel the following week's performance.

I started taking tennis a bit more seriously again, and even had a couple of lessons on my forehand & serve (thanks Marcel!) before heading down to the British Tour in Bolton. I had an epic 1st round match, which made me seriously appreciate my fitness levels, and scraped through after 3 hours 50 minutes. I got beaten 7-6 6-4 in the quarter-finals by the 2nd seed, disappointed but happy with my overall performance.

Straight onto Roehampton for the U/10 Masters, where 3 Scottish kids were competing (I coach Alexandra, and there were 2 boys from Glasgow). We had a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finish – pretty good showing for Scotland!! I had a minor panic in the airport when I realised I didn't have any ID with me (having got the train down it hadn't crossed my mind till I was about to check in)... but I somehow managed to get through 4 security checkpoints at Heathrow without showing anything except a boarding pass, so luckily I made it back without any major issues!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcel said...

ah, my imaginary tennis lessons, you're welcome :)

want another one?

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home