20 Dec 2005

HOOOOOMMMMMMMMMME!!!!

I just had the longest shortest day ever, but I'm finally home!

Flying into Edinburgh was spectacular. The sun was shining (honestly!)...I could see Kirkcaldy, Kinghorn, Burntisland, and the Forth Road Bridge really clearly - a nice welcome home. Walking into the airport in shorts & t-shirt was probably a bit ambitious, that really didn't last too long! It's so nice to be back in Scotland though, and lovely to catch up with family & friends again...just short of 3 years since I left, but home will always be home :)

It's nice to realise simple things I've subconsciously missed throughout Asia (or perhaps become used to not having!) - drinking a glass of tap water, walking on carpeted floors, and flushing a regular toilet instead of using the classic hose system. The price of everything seems outrageous (you mean I have to pay more than $1 for a drink??!) but I'm sure I'll get back to reality pretty soon.


I was really quite sad to say 'bye to my running trainers in Bangkok...it was a tough decision to leave them behind, but I think they've had a full life.

The whole trip has been amazing, and I'm definitely travel addicted - I'm already thinking about where the next adventure might be :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home