23 Jan 2006

Edinburgh

Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities - slightly biased view given my patriotic ways, but having travelled all over the world I still think that. I'm excited to be living and working here for a little while.

It's weird to say I've finally left home...I know I've been living away for a third of my life, but I actually never felt like I'd left Loughborough Road. Edinburgh is only 45 mins away and I'm living in my brother's flat, but for the first time I feel like I've really left home! It doesn't really make sense, but that's okay. It'll be fun living with Gav & Jen for a while, I'll see how long I can handle the madness.


Seems like I'm going to have plenty of tennis coaching opportunities, I just have to decide how many hours I want to do, where, and with who. I'd like to get some work on the physical side - fitness and injury prevention - with some of the elite athletes in Scottish tennis. Fingers crossed...










Edinburgh: view from Calton Hill; over the city; towards the castle

I'm also taking my Development Coaches Award over the next 7 months or so...despite having coached in Arizona & New Zealand, I can't legally be responsible for coaching on my own in the UK without a coaching license so it's something I just have to do. I'll be able to coach at the same time though, and having good contacts, knowledge and experience means I'm able to start at a high level which is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home