18 Jan 2006

London & Wales: 6th - 17th Jan

I got back to Scotland almost a month ago, but so far I've spent 3 nights in my own bed, have been in four different countries in 2006, and I'm still living out of a backpack. Staying in one place is going to be so hard!

Flew to London and met up with Mum, Dad, Gavin & Jen for a fun weekend. We'd booked tickets to see Cirque du Soleil (Alegria) on Saturday evening...it was fantastic. I've seen two other performances in Arizona (Varekai) and New Zealand (Quidam) and all three have been amazing - the combination of acrobatics, strength & flexibility, colourful costumes, and music is brilliant...the entire show is so full of energy :)


Cirque du Soleil, Tower Bridge, PD & his cousin Catherine

On Sunday we all went to Caroline (cousin) & Richard's for lunch, and Tory (other cousin!) was there too. Patrick & I stayed in London for a couple more days, sight-seeing and catching up with family & friends. The Science Museum was really impressive - I could have spent a good few days in there and still not seen everything!

Kirsty (a school friend from Kirkcaldy) is now living north of London with her boyfriend Richard, so we went to see them too - it was brilliant to see her again, and catching up on the gossip nearly kept us up all night :) We went to Sussex for a couple of days to visit Patrick's Granny & Grandpa, and then had a couple of days in Wales where there was a family party.













National History Museum, random pub, Kirsty & Richard, PD & his brother Matt


We went back to stay with Kirsty & Richard on Sunday night (more blethering!) and I got a bus up to Newcastle the next day. I basically just don't want to admit the travelling is finished for a while!

Stayed with Gran for a night in Newcastle - was lovely to see her and help with a few jobs around the house...in return I was thoroughly spoiled and given enough food to last me a week! Got the train back to Kirkcaldy yesterday and I'm going to start work (coaching) tomorrow night in Edinburgh - no rest for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home