19 Feb 2006

Birthday Weekend

Mum & I went shopping in Perth on Friday, which was great fun, yet surprisingly quite controlled :) I bought a new skirt & belt, and mum got me a bag to match! We joined dad up in Braemar and I spent my birthday morning with mum & dad for the first time since I was 16!! (I'm 24 now by the way, not 25 as suggested :) ). We went for a bike ride through Kinloch to Felagie, out at Crathie and then back through Balmoral Estate. It started snowing pretty heavily (my feet were freezing!) - the trees looked spectacular dressed in white.






I came back to Edinburgh for a night out with some school friends from Balwearie which was a great laugh... started at Lindsey MacKenzie's house, and went into town later on. The pic shows Lindsay McVicker, Lindsey MacKenzie (who shares a b'day with me), Emma Tasker and Nicola Crawford.

On Sunday I re-booted my system by going to the gym at Craiglockhart late morning, then came back to celebrate once more with Gav & Jen this time (I'm a great fan of making my birthdays last as long as possible). We had a really fun afternoon/evening at various pubs in Edinburgh, and even got to watch Andy winning his first ATP title (beating Hewitt in the final) on the big screen in Biddy Mulligans - I was pretty excited :)

All in all, it was a great birthday weekend, although I was quite happy I didn't have to work early on Monday morning :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mhairi, love the picture of us from our birthday. I've been meaning to check to see if you had writen anything abour it. Was a great weekend, when is the next one...? Linz x

4:24 pm  
Blogger Colin said...

I found this whilst searching for Balwearie :) Awesome school!

www.colinbloginit.blogspot.com

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home