2 Sept 2006

Wan Dae #2

The second adventure race of the 'Wan Dae' Series - at Loch Carron Valley near Falkirk. Was supposed to be Bob, Pete, Ed & I racing but Pete & Ed both had injuries - they'd rather recover for the next one (in 2 weeks!) so it ended up being just Bob & I. A fun day with lots of biking, running, a bit of kayaking, a couple of puzzles and a short swim section. The weather wasn't too great this time either - rain & mist replaced the strong winds we had in the Pentlands.

We did pretty well, coming 4th overall in the 8-hr "Cask Strength" category (as opposed to the 5-hr "Simply Blended"!), although we had a pretty disastrous route choice at one point. After slipping and sliding our way down a hill covered in tree stumps and giant clufts of vegetation, we ended up stumbling our way through a new plantation of pine trees, getting totally scratched up, slipping on felled trees and getting stuck in bogs. Hmmm....even if it looks further maybe we should stick to the track next time :)

On the way home I made two stops, for food and petrol, then when I got home and looked in the mirror I realised I must have amused the folk who served me. Looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge, then attacked by a giant mascara stick :)

This link plays an overview of the RAT RACE from a few weeks ago!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Good result! Thanks for the link to the Rat Race video too. I've just been sitting here reliving some of the fun.

9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home