15 Jun 2005

Recent adventures :)

Patrick (otherwise known as PD :)), my Irish friend from Christchurch, came up to visit this past week. He was on a "working" holiday - I'm not sure if anyone has managed to define the term working holiday better than him...I think his boss must fancy him.

Anyway, we had a good week - although I really did have some work to get done :) we still managed to get out and do some fun stuff. On Saturday we went to Mike's leaving party (an Irish guy I work with) at Ray & Eddie's place (regulars at The Craic). It was great fun - there was tons of great food, a pool table, and plenty of liquor. I am now known as Nutcracker for destroying the garden while trying to break open about 50 macadamia nuts - cracking them wasn't a problem using the hammer, but picking up the pieces which flew everywhere just wasn't as much fun.

On Sunday we went to the golf driving range - a first for PD, and I was really impressed. Of course with my vast knowledge of the game I was able to give loads of good tips (yeah right)....no seriously, he was hitting them pretty well. Then we went to the climbing wall in Rotorua (that is something I miss having nearby) but unfortunately I couldn't climb too much because my back's been giving me issues recently. We went to see Motorcyle Diaries later on - a good film, and really interesting.

I showed him all the great sights in Whakatane, which filled up at least an hour, and we had a nice walk round Kohi Point to Ohope. He got to see where I work - both the tennis club and the Craic, and met some of my friends from around here. All in all, a fun week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home