29 Jun 2005

Training

Well, I've recently been doing quite a bit of training (so what's new?!) for the next 24-hr race. Danny & I have been out night kayaking, trekking and biking a couple of times each in the last 2 weeks. It's good fun at night, especially when the sky is so bright stars. Kayaking becomes much more interesting when you can't see, not nearly so boring. And I reckon I work harder picking my feet up running on the trails because I feel like I'm going to face-plant over some tree roots most steps.

We tried to reach a trig point last night in the dark but got lost in a farm paddock and after 45 minutes realised we were climbing over the same gate we'd been at before - we'd done a full circle...quite amusing. We're going to run the Kawerau half-marathon together on Sunday, although I'm not expecting to be half as fast as I was in the Phoenix Rock-&-Roll one...I don't think I can repeat that again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Frick said...

I think you're scaring me a bit. Usually you just go for runs, or go for bikes, you know, just to have fun. I can't imagine what it's like if you're actually training!

Good luck with the 1/2. I'm sure you still got the stuff. 1 hour 20 minutes??

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home