18 Feb 2007

holiday + turning a 1/4 century :)

My holiday started in Frankfurt and ended in Strasbourg...I did a lot of hiking (and got a couple of nasty blisters), explored small towns in the Black Forest Area, and had a really fun birthday weekend in Strasbourg with friends, friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends.

In Germany I explored Frankfurt, Heidelberg and Baden-Baden, then hiked through the Black Forest region via Lake Mummelsee, and ended up in Freudenstadt where there was a strange carnival thing going on!





I made my way across to Strasbourg at the end of the week...it's a beautiful city, and met up with Orianne to prepare for our joint birthday celebrations (she turned 26 on the 17th, and I turned 25 on the 18th - aaaaaaahhh!) Orianne used to share a flat with Jo & Steve in New Zealand, before I lived there!

These are pics of a hike we did about 45 mins outside Strasbourg...was fun to meet everyone and luckily they all spoke good English (my French is a little rusty!):





When decorating the table we decided we deserved a crown each seeing as we were the birthday girls :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

if you think Freudenstadt has a weired Karneval you should go to Cologne at that time of the Year.

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home