4 Jan 2007

New Year 07!

Well, the festive period began on a reasonable note when I got back from Braemar - had a fun night out with Gav, Jen, Ross, and various others before they left for Ireland...of course it had to be Finnegans. Great night - danced till my feet were hurting :) Sadly, it went downhill from there. Hogmanay was a real disappointment, as the Edinburgh street party was even cancelled due to bad weather - it was blowing a gale and pegging down with rain...the highlight was watching some huge rubbish bins careering down the street against the traffic - how sad! I had a few people round at the flat, and then we headed into town anyway but it really wasn't that great. boo :(








I went for a long walk along the canal path on New Year's Day, was really nice just listening to music and thinking about some holiday plans for 2007. Tory gave me a brilliant book for Christmas called "Unforgettable Journeys Before You Die" so I thought I'd better get going, cuz you never know what might happen :) Auntie Katie came over on the 2nd to shorten my curtains, and I spent the day cleaning up and doing odd jobs...we had a G&T before heading into town for dinner and more drinks, and put the world to rights. We came to the conclusion that 2006 has been a pretty "shitty" year and 2007 "will" be better! Had a really good time being big kids at the fair on Princes St - went on the carousel, the flying chairs, and failed brilliantly while having a go at the side stalls...all good fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home