6 Oct 2006

10 days to go...

SO excited to be moving into my very own home on the 16th...I made my first furniture purchase last night, buying a wardrobe from somebody which I found on "gumtree" - quite a handy website with lots of stuff being sold, bought, swapped and sometimes even given away!

I've no flatmates and no furniture as yet (except a 3-door wardrobe) but hopefully next week I'll find a bit of time to do some searching! Made an IKEA trip last Sunday, got lost inside the place it was so big...I'm sure I won't have too many problems getting most of what I need there. Plenty of cheap rubbish for the first month of flat-warming parties, then maybe some half-decent stuff after that :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Two other places to check for stuff are Freecycle (http://freecycle.org/display.php?region=United%20Kingdom#Edinburgh/City%20of%20Edinburgh) and Free Exchange (http://edinburgh.freeexchange.co.uk/).

4:00 pm  
Blogger Frick said...

If you lay the wardrobe on it's back, then fill it with clothing, it would make quite the fine bed - or nest as some might call it. That would be one less piece to buy, and save you plenty of room. (mighty confortable too!)

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home