17 Mar 2007

Travel issues....

Last weekend Ross & I got all dressed up for the Tennis Scotland Awards Dinner... I was driving him & James through to Stirling for it, but we never quite made it. My car cut out somewhere on the M9 and although I got Karen Paterson & her parents to pick James up on the way by (he was getting an award so needed to be there!), Ross & I ended up getting towed back to Edinburgh. We joined the crew at Finnegan's to drown our sorrows, had a really fun night and to be honest, probably didn't miss too much at the dinner.

On Thursday I was biking back from work when my tyre popped on something and I ended up having to run home with it, as bike shops had closed - having a travelling disaster, just hope I don't break my leg next :) Mum & dad took me out to see an acrobatic performance (similar to Cirque du Soleil) at Festival Theatre, it was fantastic - I think those shows are amazing!!

Unfortunately it wasn't worth getting the car fixed, so with mum & dad's help this weekend I towed it to the scrap yard and said goodbye to the Nissan... it wasn't nearly as sad as parting with the Daewoo in AZ though.