4 Mar 2007

Winning Ugly :)

Apart from barely being able to walk now, I'm pretty pleased with my result from the weekend. Played in my first singles tournament since NCAA's in May 2003, and I managed to remember the crafty and determined style of play that used to win me matches. I won the tournament fairly comfortably in the end, although my legs were totally gone by the final. I couldn't push up on my serve, and moving for forehands out wide was agony, but luckily experience and determination was enough (juniors just don't know how to deal with slice and dropshots!)

It's amazing how different playing matches is - I could run for hours, do spin classes back to back, and even an adventure race, but 4 tennis matches in 2 days and I can hardly move :) Overall, I actually really enjoyed playing though, despite being a bit frustrated with shots/movements that used to be so easy, and just don't feel natural anymore!



This picture is with one of the kids I coach, Euan McIntosh. He's currently #2 in Scotland U/12 - aged 11, with size 11 feet...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home