5 Jul 2005

Fishing!

Finally finished working at the pub, so went in to sit on the 'other side' of it Sunday night...its certainly fun on that side too. Especially when so many people think its your last night, so they keep buying you drinks - and it would be rude to refuse really.

Monday morning Bill & Danny took me out on the boat fishing...I've certainly felt better, but the wind woke me up a little and it was really good fun. We went out around Whale Island - fascinating (photos coming soon!). Its a volcanic island lying on the fault line, and there are natural hot springs that you can see emerging from the sand. All of the sides were contrasting with rocky outcrops and holes in the rocks, steep red rock followed by yellow limestone, then a forested area before some sandy bays on the western side. I'm really pleased I got the chance to see it! We didn't catch any fish, but I don't think any of us felt like sitting for long, rocking from side to side with our stomachs feeling like washing machines. Back for coaching in the afternoon which seemed to last forever, and then home for an early night...much needed :)

I'm going to get to participate in quiz night at the craic tomorrow instead of having to work for once, so looking forward to that. Have got a few people from the tennis club to come down and form a team, it'll be a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home