23 Apr 2007

more kiwis!

Mark & Sylvia moved into the flat a couple of weeks ago - met them in NZ but haven't seen them since I left the South Island, around Christmas 2004. On Saturday night we went to Jo & Steve's for a meal which was really nice...I felt a bit outnumbered but at least we had haggis :)

Last weekend we tried a local orienteering event, something I've always wanted to get a bit better at but haven't really found the time to get into. I really enjoyed it and felt like I was getting the hang of it after over-running the first 4 checkpoints (not used to such a small-scale detailed map!). Must have been getting over-confident towards the end though, and tried to take a steep short-cut - which got me stuck in bramble bushes, nettles and a pile of other things that tried to rip my legs to shreds.

Actually I had an accident-filled week last week, getting run over by a parked car (can't really explain that one)... and stabbing myself halfway through my forearm with something like a screwdriver while restringing tennis rackets. I was very lucky with that one (must have just missed piercing everything important!) Oh well, that's all 3 things over if you count the orienteering so I should be okay this week :)

1 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Can you please try to explain how you got run over by a parked car?
My imagination fails to come up with anything plausible.

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home