7 Jul 2005

Saying goodbye to Whakatane

My last week in Whakatane was a bit mad - in retrospect I should have finished coaching a week earlier, but somehow everything managed to get done, and it was a great relief to drive away on Friday evening!

I had several fun nights out during the week - saying goodbye to everyone was just a good excuse to go out :) I'll miss the place, having got to know a lot of people quite well over the time I've been there. It's a bit small though, with not a lot of young people around, and I'm definitely ready to move on. The coaching has been fun, a lot more enjoyable than the coaching I did in Christchurch - the kids are keen, motivated and work hard which makes all the difference to my enjoyment in the job. I've coached some really fun adults too.

Working in the pub is something I'm also really glad I've done - meeting a completely different crowd and having a great time there too. I'll probably never do it again, but it was fun for something different!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home