11 Aug 2005

Canberra

I spent a day and a bit exploring the capital city, which was really pretty interesting. First off I went to the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) which has always been of interest! It was pretty inspiring to see the set-up they have there - every sport is catered for with fantastic facilities, quite impressive.




The national museum was fascinating, the garden of australian dreams was weird but cool! I was really impressed with the war memorial building and grounds - beautifully done. It looks down Anzaz Avenue, which is really wide and lined with trees and other memorials, leading to capitol hill. The parliament building itself was really interesting - I walked around inside and saw the Senate and House of Representative rooms, then read all the info (okay, well not all, but some!) on Australian parliament. Seemed similar to the U.S. system in terms of structure. The views from the 'roof garden' are spectacular! Black Mountains and the nearby peninsula are nice too - great views from the top of the hill.




I managed to get my washing done, and get a free pass to the local gym for the next day. This meant a free spin class (my favourite!) and even better - a free shower...tremendous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home