28 Jul 2005

leaving NZ

After the 24-hr race I went back to Auckland to stay with the Richard & Debbie Nicol (friend's of my parents) in Parnell. They are really nice folk, and it was fantastic to have a place to relax and recover for a couple of days. Not to mention getting myself and my gear cleaned up, and my bike + other belongings shipped off.

Debbie & I went to Piha beach on Tuesday - on the twin coast discovery route, and actually quite close to where the race started (French Bay...but I wasn't quite ready to get in the sea again just yet). Walked along the beach and up Lion's Rock for great views - it was a really nice spot. In between the packing & resting I walked through Auckland Domain and Albert Park. I'm really impressed by the number of beautifully kept gardens and park areas there are in and around the city - I can't remember if there's much like that at home, but definitely not in the states!

I flew out on Thursday morning to Melbourne - very excited to be travelling again, but kind of sad to leave New Zealand. It's a very special country with fantastic people - but I'll be back :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home