10 Jul 2005

Auckland tennis

Went to a junior tennis tournament in Auckland this weekend with 5 of the kids from Whakatane club. It was kinda fun...and nice to see them all play in competition having coached them for a couple of months now. It made me extremely grateful to mum's endless hours of sitting in an indoor tennis centre watching match after match after match when I was younger. It gets seriously boring after a while...thanks mum! I organised tenpin bowling one evening which they seemed to much enjoy...while the parents had a glass of wine and relaxed, I think they enjoyed that too :)

Had an extremely hectic Monday trying to get rid of most of my belongings before flying to ChCh. Thanks to Linda (a friend of mine who's one of the kids' parents), I managed to leave my bike and some other stuff with someone she knows...to be picked up when I fly back up in a couple of weeks. Its nice to be outa there, and feeling like I'm on holiday now. I just need to get rid of my car and I'll feel even better (its at Turner's auctions just now...grrrr)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home