21 Jul 2005

ChCh catch-up

Just spent two weeks in ChCh catching up with friends from last year - it was really great fun! Played squash, went to spin, went skiing at Broken River with PD & Dave (the conditions were rubbish but it was a great laugh anyway), and competed in an “enduro go-karting” race as Team Pink - absolute quality!! 60 laps each, intense competition between 15 of us in teams of two - I was so focused I even forgot my helmet at one pit stop and nearly blew the whole race…chuckle J

Went back to “The Bog” (obviously…fond memories of the place) and joined in “Jammin’ with the Jamesons" - anyone can grab an instrument and join in with the band. I don’t even know the name of the massive drum thing I played, but it was fun…and I tried my luck at the spoons as well, although I don’t think I should make it my new profession. Caught up with Marcel, and we even did some salsa-dancing - very good fun! PD & I started making plans for our trip to Oz & Asia, and I paid for & collected my tickets - we’re definitely getting excited…its going to be a great trip. Had dinner with the Robsons, the Pattons, and on the last night went to Arjee Bhajee in Riccarton (pretty good!) with PD, Warwick, Aroha & Dave…fun times indeed.

It was great to see everyone again, and I know for sure I’ll be back in the future…and I’ll not be waiting 25yrs like my parents did either J. The country is truly amazing and the people are very special…I have just loved everything about New Zealand.

1 Comments:

Blogger patrick said...

The 'Massive Drum Thing' is called a Bodhrán. Twas great seeing you in ChCh.. and looking forward to starting my part of our trip in Sydney soon! pd

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home