10 Aug 2005

Mt. Kosciuszko N.P.




In the morning I set off through Mt. Kosciuszko National Park...first stop Geehi, where there were loads of kangaroos, and some historic cattleman’s huts. Past Tom Groggin Cattle Station and then the road started to climb...and climb...and climb! I got stuck just short of Pilot Lookout and had to put on the chains, which was quite a struggle with freezing cold hands. Success at last, and on to Dead Horse Gap – the highest point on the road at 1580m. It was snowing heavily by now, but made the surroundings beautiful. I made it down to Thredbo Village – a great wee alpine resort, reminded me a bit of Avoriaz. I walked around the village and went to the leisure centre, but decided against getting the chairlift up to Mt. Kosciusko – I could barely see 10m in front of me in the village, so didn’t think the views would be too great :) Made it to Jindabayne and returned the chains, then continued driving through to Canberra.




1 Comments:

Blogger Frick said...

AHH, spam posting. What has the world come to. Is this a new phenomanom?

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home