14 May 2007

Making a comeback (yeah right) :)

Decided to play in the $10K at Craiglockhart last week, which was a good laugh although it's frustrating cuz I feel a split second too slow reacting to shots now...lack of match practice. Won my 1st round of singles in 3 sets (knackered!) then lost to Jade Curtis, although I didn't feel like I was wiped off the court so that's a good thing.

Played dubs with Sophie (who I've been coaching last 6 months or so)...was a great laugh. We got to the semis, lost to the top seeds who eventually won it (we definitely had chances, I was annoyed for 3 days...the competitive spirit is totally still there!).

Our 1/4-final was a bit of a classic - in the space of 3 games the following happened:


1) I tagged the umpire on the next court (in the stomach) with a backhand return (caught slightly late)
2) Sophie completely fresh-aired a volley which was going at about 2mph
3) Our opponent caught a forehand return late and nailed her partner in the back of the head
4) The umpire called a let and proceeded to contradict himself at least 4 times before deciding he'd stick with his original decision, even though he knew it was wrong.

Needless to say, we had a few laughing fits... but still maintained enough concentration to play some pretty good doubles. In Sheila's famous words, we "Enjoyed the battle"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home