15 Aug 2005

Bondi Beach to Blue Mountains!

From one extreme to the other! Neither of us wanted to spend too long in Sydney itself (Patrick having already been there before, and I thought I’d seen the major bits anyway!), so we headed out to have a look at Bondi Beach. Usually an extremely touristy spot, it wasn’t too busy at this time of year which was nice…great location. We then started to head west to the blue mountains – a stark contrast to the city atmosphere!



We stopped at Leura Cascades, and I ran from there around to the Three Sisters and Echo Point. There were loads of lookout spots over the canyon area, and I ran down the Giant Stairway to the bottom (900 steps – I walked back up, weak I know…J ) The views were great though, lovely area. Got a great camping spot thanks to this lady who realised we were looking for one and came and told us where to go…it was really nice of her, I reckon she must be an ‘ex-traveller’ and knows what its like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home